Sunday, July 18, 2010

Yarn - In Croatia!

I'm in Croatia for a month and it was just my luck that there was a yarn shop just around the corner from where I'm staying.  I couldn't resist.  The shopkeeper didn't speak much English but between her little English and my limited Croatian, we got by.

I picked out some of my favorite yarns.  I tried to think of what I would want to make for myself...all I could think of was a scarf, lol.  I know, a bit boring.  So, I brought her a few balls of yarn and said, in Croatian, "I would like to make a scarf, is this enough?".  She answered back, "more".  So I went and got more, and she said "enough".

The yarn is cheap here.  I got a wool and cashmere blend and it was $1.50 - $3.00 Canadian per ball!  Good thing I have a limited amount of room in my suitcase.

After, I went to the market to buy something for myself - I ended up getting a pretty table cloth.  When the lady went to put it in my bag, she saw the yarn and got all excited and asked me if I knit.  I told her, in Croatian, that I was learning and we had a little conversation about knitting and she showed me some afghans she had knit. 

Anyways, here's a picture of my new yarn (more beautiful in person, of course)!  Can't wait to figure out exactly what I will make with it all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment