Well, I had planned to have something new to share this week...but I don't.
I attempted to start the Half-pipe Hat which meant learning the tubular cast-on. I found a great video online and cast on my 80 stitches and started the two 'follow-up' rows. Well, I had to do this a couple of times. Then, after I thought I finally had it, some stitches slipped off my needle - normally, I would be able to pick them back up and put them back on but not in this case. The tubular cast-on uses 'twists' and once they fall off, they untwist. Maybe there is a way to re-twist and put back on but I couldn't figure it out...so I decided to start AGAIN.
In frustration, I just started pulling the yarn and unravelling. In the process, I created a HUGE tangled mess and spent the rest of the night untangling yarn.
So, I tried again tonight. Cast-on 80 stitches with the tubular cast on...got to the next couple of rows and had stitches fall off - twice! I'm stubborn, so, instead of finding another appropriate cast-on, I continued until I got it...and I finally did! I'll share it in an upcoming post because I have put it in my knitting bag for the night and don't feel like taking pictures of it because that would mean I have to look at it - which I don't want to do right now :)
The rest of my free time tonight has been spent trying to get tea stains out of a book (that belongs to the library). I'm pleased to say that went better than the tubular cast-on :)
Next week I will have some picture-worthy updates! It's been a really busy week for me work-wise and otherwise! Busy, but good :)