So, this lace shawl for my mom has been in progress for quite a while; it is my first lace project so I wanted to take my time. I didn't quite get it done in time for Christmas but I didn't want to rush or knit when tired (learned my lesson earlier in the project as I picked it up and knit on the purl side - oops - that row adds character :) ).
I was so happy to finally be binding off last week. All that was left to do was block it and mail it! I wasn't so sure of my bind off though, it seemed a bit tight and I wasn't sure if that would have an affect on the blocking. So, I took it to work to show my boss (who is an expert knitter) and she confirmed that it was too tight. I wasn't too upset because I was thinking that it would need to be redone.
So, my project for this week is to carefully rip out the bind off and then redo it with a stretchier version - THEN block!
I'm really looking forward to being able to post this project in an FO Friday post but, until then, here are some almost done pictures! I'm expecting that blocking will make a big difference on this project.