Friday, October 26, 2012

Reunited with My Needles - Some FOs

Since I've started school, I've found it hard to find time to knit.  Actually, I've found it hard to do anything but work- and school-related things.  Right now, I'm taking two courses (one is a 4-month class condensed into 2 months) and work is extremely busy.  I'm finding that I feel that I have less free time than ever, yet somehow I've picked up my needles again and finished some projects.  I really don't know how I've found the time, but I do know that I've felt that it's added more balance into my life which is a good thing.

My husband's cousin just had a baby girl.  Before Baby P was born, I decided to work on a few little things to give as a gift.  Not knowing the gender, I planned to make the Baby Pumpkin Newborn Hat, given it's fall, and the Owl Tuque in a neutral color.  Now that I know it's a girl, I've added the Baby Merry-Jane Booties to my list (a brown bootie with a pink sock).

The pumpkin hat is knit out of Loops & Threads Impeccable Solids (for the main part) and some scrap yarn (for the stem and leaves).  It was a quick and easy knit and is super cute!  It seems so tiny, I hope it  fits.


The Owl Tuque is knit out of Mirasol Miski which is 100% baby llama.  It's amazingly soft and I'm tempted to knit something for myself using this yarn!  I love the owl motif and I've added a couple more projects with the owl design in them to my Ravelry favorites.


It feels great to be knitting again and I love doing little projects like baby hats because you can finish them in one day, working on them here and there (in between reading journal articles, in my case).  The problem is, all I want to do is knit!  

Head on over to Tami's Amis to check out what everyone else has knit up lately!

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment