Wednesday, October 31, 2012

WiP Wednesday - Chunky Trapper Hat



When I applied to graduate school, I needed references.  One of my references had a newborn baby at the time.  I said to him that I'd like to knit his little girl something as a thank you.  That was nearly 2 years ago - but, I haven't forgotten (he, on the other hand, likely has!).  Lately I've been trying to focus on things that are weighing on my shoulders - doing them and lightening the load (in all areas of my life).  This is one of those things that was constantly in the back of my mind.  Now, he was a grad student at one point too.  I'm sure he will understand how busy I have been.  I'm also sure that I care about this 1000 times more than he does.

Last week, I found a project that would be fast, but super cute - the Baby Big Bobble Superfast Cable Trapper Hat by Mad Monkey Knits.  I'm loving chunky knits lately and I'm loving cables, so this hat was a perfect choice; not to mention that I think it will be adorable on a toddler!

I'm using Loops & Threads Charisma.  It's 100% acrylic but its soft (bonus) and it's washable/dryable (double bonus).

I'm loving how it's knitting up so far:


I did run into a bit of trouble understanding the pattern when I had to add in the second ear flap, but I emailed the pattern designer and she emailed back with a clarification within minutes.  I've purchased and knit a couple of her patterns before and the customer service has been great!

Will post the FO on a future Friday post.  Head on over to Tami's Amis to see what everyone else is working on!

Pin It

3 comments:

  1. I initially misread your post as "One of my references was a newborn baby...." LOL!

    Very comfy looking hat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh that hat looks great! I just love cables. Thanks for stopping by my blog last week! I wasn't able to get a post up Wednesday, but I'll have one for tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete