Wednesday, November 7, 2012

WiP Wednesday - Something for Me!

As I mentioned in a previous post, I made one 'impulse' buy at Knit City.  I could not resist the chunky, pink, amazingly soft, 100% baby alpaca yarn by Jeanette Sloan.

To justify my purchase, I made myself come up with a project on the spot before I handed over my payment.  My project of choice was the Burberry Inspired Cowl Neck Scarf.  I rarely knit anything for myself (one of my goals is to do more of this, though!) and the fact that I'd be using the yarn for something I'd keep took away some of the guilt from the impulse buy that I promised myself I would not do.


Here it is in the making...will feature it in an FO Friday post soon!

On another note, I'm hoping to start some Christmas knitting now that my 7000 word paper for school is finished!  I'm hoping to start off with a project for my niece (I'm thinking Thirsty Rose but will ask her as she is quite the independent fashionista even at the age of 3) and nephew (I'm thinking Gramps for him) because they are the most fun to knit for!  Then I'll see if I have time to work my way through any projects for the rest of my family.  

Click the image below to head over to Tami's Amis to see what everyone else has on their needles!





Pin It

12 comments:

  1. The burberry inspired cowl has been one of my WIPS for... a while. Love the colour you chose!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to knit it soon! It doesn't take long to finish.

      Delete
  2. I think having a project in mind makes a yarn splurge a million times better! the yarn looks so soft!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A billion times better when you actually make the project after the splurge :)

      Delete
  3. Isn't it fun to knit things for ourselves. It should happen way more often!! And that is a very pretty yarn and pattern.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun to knit for ourselves. I'm still not brave enough to knit something like a sweater for myself as I worry about fit (with baby items, it's easy!).

      Delete
  4. You HAVE to buy at least one thing, don't you? Love both choices for the kids. I bet your niece will love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My impluse control is very low when it comes to yarn :)

      Delete
  5. Love the color! Can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I don't have a lot of pink clothing items/accessories but I know I'll get a lot of use out of this one!

      Delete
  6. I empathize with your impulse purchase. That yarn looks so squishy and gorgeous! I'll keep an eye out to see what it looks like in it's finished form.

    ReplyDelete