Friday, November 2, 2012

FO Friday - Irish Hiking Armwarmers

This FO is not baby knitting - it's something for me!

Part of our vacation this summer included some time in Oregon.  We did part of the Fruit Loop Farm Tour - which included an alpaca farm (Cascade Alpacas).  Not only did it make me dream of owning alpacas one day (even more than before), the owner's story of how they started the business was very inspiring!  They have a wonderful little yarn store on site.  Having passed up the opportunity (maybe better to say resisted the extreme temptation due to the "More yarn?  Really??" look on my husband's face) to buy yarn from an alpaca farm we visited on San Juan Island, I wasn't going to make the same mistake twice.

I ended up buying a few skeins of gorgeous yarn including this skein of gorgeous, super soft 100% baby alpaca, hand dyed in the colorway "The Gorge":


To justify my purchase, I had to come up with a project on the spot that I would use it for.  I had been wanting to make the Irish Hiking Scarf Armwarmers for quite some time and thought this would be great yarn for the project.

It's even more gorgeous once it's knit up.



These were easy to knit and fast.  They would make great gifts...but I'm keeping these ones for myself :)





Thanks again to Tami's Amis for hosting the FO Friday linkups!


Pin It

5 comments:

  1. Your arm warmers look fantastic, the yarn looks scrumptious!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh they are rather yummy arent they? Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! That yarn looks so fantastic. I love the color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Irish armwarmers. The cable motiefs are very pretty. Greetings from Germany. Sabine.

    ReplyDelete