Friday, September 10, 2010

FO Friday!

I will attempt to make FO posts on Fridays - if I have any to share, that is.  I'm happy to say that this Friday I have material to post!

Both patterns are from madmonkeyknits.com.  I found the patterns easy to follow and they were quick to knit up!

First, the Baby Superfast Slouch Hat.  The pattern says that the hat will be finished in 30 minutes...but it took me one hour (I'm still learning this knitting stuff) - not because of the pattern, I'm just not a speedy knitter...yet.  Also, my yarn was a little thinner than the pattern called for so I made the size medium hoping that it will turn out size small, which it did.

I used Cascade Yarns 220 Superwash color 859 (Lake Chelan) - I love the color! You can see a better picture of the color here.  The yarn is made of wool so the end result was a hat that was a bit more stiff than the pattern intended - it still slouches, just not on its own (you just have to push it down at the back).

The hat is adorable and I can't wait to include it as part of my baby shower present for Baby Sophie.



The second hat I made was Baby Silver Silk Super Slouch.  Another beautiful hat.  I love these slouch hats for babies!  So cute and fashionable.  Plus, they are stretchy enough that I think next winter Sophie will be able to wear them as non-slouch winter hats!

For this one, I used one of my favorite yarns, Sirdar Snuggly Baby Bamboo DK.  I love the feel of it and the sheen it has.  Plus, it comes in some great colors!  This yarn allows the hat to slouch nicely.




Now, back to work on my WiPs!

No comments:

Post a Comment